1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GH4 Has excellent follow focus performance for sport/action

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by AndrewS, Jun 7, 2014.

1. AndrewS

AndrewS Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2012
    I have been testing my new GH4 over the last two weeks mainly with the Pana 35-100mm f2.8 lens. I have been photographing cars and people coming towards and moving away from the camera and last weekend photographed junior indoor basketball. In both situations the GH4 using Burst Mode M, 1 Area AF (NOT Tracking) and JPG capture with a fast card ran at 7 fps and delivered 95% of frames in sharp focus at the active AF area. In addition EVF blackout after each frame is much less than the GH3. Overall the GH4 delivers a big improvement over the GH3 in follow focus on sport/action/moving subjects. You can read more about it at the link on my Camera Ergonomics blog.
    http://cameraergonomics.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/panasonic-gh4-user-review-part-34.html
    Happy reading, Andrew

• Like Like x 8
  2. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    nibble nibble nibble..... the GH4 is a termite in the pillars that hold the DSLR edifice aloft! :rolleyes: 

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Unfortunately, the brains of the typical DSLR buyer are made of concrete: impervious to termites.... and reason. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. RRRoger

RRRoger Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2014
    Monterey Bay
    I must be atypical.
    I've had a few Kodak and Canon products.
    And I have had nearly every Nikon DSLR and AutoFocus lens and many primes as well.

After getting a GH3, I lost my "NAS".
    My GH4 is an improvement in every.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.