1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH4 available for preorder at B&H

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Moenkopi, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Moenkopi

Moenkopi New to Mu-43

Mar 9, 2014
    FYI, I just received an email from B&H, stating that the GH4 is available for preorder. I could not preorder from their website, had to call instead. Price was $1699 with delivery expected near end of April.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jonlong

jonlong Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    Just curious. Any benefit to pre-ordering? This doesn't seem to be the type of thing that sells out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    If limited quantities are being shipped to the US, pre-ordering will put you higher on the wait list.

4. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Well, maybe!

Panasonic apparently asked Amazon to list the GH4 as a DSLR. This seems to be very clever because everyone aspires to owns a DSLR.

Sell out? Lets put it this way: of the top-selling 7 DSLR's listed on Amazon, 6 are Canons and one is a Panasonic: the GH4! Of the other six, all Canons, two are the 70D (with or without kit lens) and four are obsolete T3i models on runout sale prices.

The GH4 is in 4th place, and is the only camera in the top 17 priced above $1250.

Sure, this won't last, but a sell-out is distinctly possible, it seems.

5. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    An interesting quote from a customer who called Adorama on Monday about the GH4:

The Customer service agent confided that they had had over 100 orders for the GH4 since noon (2 hours!) He said it was easily their best selling item for the day and it was basically the only item people were buying. He said at noon Adorama already placed a massive order for GH4s with Panasonic just for the ones ordered since midnight. And that he himself had just placed his own order for a GH4 7 minutes before he took my call.

6. jonlong

jonlong Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    That's awesome! There's been relatively light buzz for the GH4 (maybe because I only lurk on photo forums, and not in video forums) so I didn't think there was as much interest in the GH4. The only downside is that I may have to wait longer for the initial price drop :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    In video forums there is a lot of buzz as it is the top camera now (shooting 4k with a good codec). To get these specs with other manufacturers you need to spend stupid money.

8. TheRenaissanceMan

TheRenaissanceMan Mu-43 Regular

Oct 11, 2013
    And the fact that you can convert 4K 8 bit 4:2:0 to 1080p 10 bit 4:4:4. That combined with the nicer screen, EVF, and sensor have me excited as hell to see what gets squeezed out once talented people get their hands on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

9. jonlong

jonlong Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2013
    I'm anxious for reviews to hit. As long as nothing is a step back from the GH3 and the viewfinder had been improved, I'm ready to upgrade at the first price drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Looks like the dollar parity is starting to rear its ugly head with $200 price hike for Canadian's over the American price.