GH4 and G7...two different batteries?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Duke Sweden, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2016
    Duke Sweden
    Don't you hate it when you stump Google? I tried googling my question and all it brings up are year old reviews of the G7 and comparisons between the G7 and GH4, but nothing about if they use the same battery.

I need to know because I'm coming perilously close to winning an ebay auction on a GH4 but the seller isn't including a battery because of some nonsense about shipping batteries "internationally" (he's in Canada, sheesh!)

If I do win I'd like to get a battery at the same time. Searching for GH4 batteries on ebay brings up items that say "For all Panasonic LUMIX cameras", but then go on to list every LUMIX camera except the G7. I have 2 G7 batteries but I would keep one if I sell the G7, if it's compatible with a GH4.

Little help, please!

2. DanS

DanS Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 8, 2016
    Central IL
    They use different batteries!

G7: DMW-BLC12
    GH4 : DMW-BLF19

3. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    If you are in the US and can order conveniently from B&H, the Watson battery for the GH4 is an excellent 3rd party performer for 1/3 the price they list for the Lumix battery.

Watson DMW-BLF19 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.4V, 1750mAh) B-3640

I have one of these and two of the Lumix DMW-BLF19, I see no difference in performance. However avoid ebay for these if you can.

The battery used in the G7 is the same as that used in the GH2. Good batteries for the GH4 provide phenomenal run time.

4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    It's not nonsense... new rules against lithium battery shipments on passenger planes, which affects some shipping carriers.