GH3 - Where is it?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Lew, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Lew

Lew Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    B&H just posted another delay. The GH3 won't be available until end of Feb. What's up with these delays? Will the camera be problematic?

2. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I don't think there's any issues with the camera, mine is fine, I imagine it's just supply can't meet demand.

Paul

3. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    ordered mine in late november frm B&H and got it las week. Be patient.It's worth the wait.

4. arg245

arg245 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 25, 2012
    South Florida
    I ordered mine last Friday from Amazon. It said "Out of Stock", but I ordered it anyway since I'm not in a hurry. I immediately received notice that they had a shipping date, and would be shipped soon. I'm due to receive it tomorrow.

So don't go by what they list, especially Amazon. They're HUGE, and for a high demand item such as the GH3, they simply can't update the website fast enough. Order it and be patient.

5. deejayvee

deejayvee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    David
    Mine arrived last week. As this effectively the Australian release, I wonder if international release is hampering supply in the USA?

6. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

It is readily available in The Netherlands... looks like the US supplies are taking second place to other countries for some reason...

7. Lew

Lew Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    I tried to place an order at B&H last December

The acknowledged delivery date has been moved back twice, now to the end of Feb.

8. jfdana

jfdana Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    South Portland, ME
    Had mine for a month; couldn't be more pleased (a thousand shots +/-). If I had to hazard a guess it would be that Panasonic is making sure each camera works perfectly before being shipped. My favorite b&w shot (uncropped, thank you evf) so far, with 78 mph gusts over a steady 65 mph wind:

Huge Wind by John Dana, on Flickr

9. Lew

Lew Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    Nice. I work pretty much exclusively in b&w, too. I take it that the improved weather seal plays an important part in your confidence to go out photographing in those conditions. How wet have you had the camera?

10. jfdana

jfdana Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2013
    South Portland, ME
    Not soaked, as I haven't bought one of the "weather-proof" lenses yet. This was with the Pana/L 25. Conditions were very windy with intermittent downpours during which I used a grocery bag. The camera got wet with no problems. My take is the body is bombproof and I'm saving up for the lens (12-35) for some mountain trips this summer.

11. APXmusic

APXmusic New to Mu-43

Jan 31, 2013
    Sounds like a good camera to me. Just wondering if the quality is as good as a hacked gh2

12. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    It's sitting on my table, why do you ask? jk seems they're shipping now. got mine on Valentines...I paid for her and she was worth it :)

13. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    I wouldn't be too worried about the Pannies. My G2 has literally open spaces in the body where you can see the innards, the boards are a very nice shade of green imo. I still shoot in the snow, rain and whatever, no problems.