1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GH3 Time Lapse

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by dmanthree, Feb 11, 2013.

1. dmanthree

dmanthree New to Mu-43

Feb 11, 2013
    My first time lapse movie, a sequence of the recent snow storm (Nemo) covering my deck. I underestimated how quickly and high the snow rolling off the roof would pile up and had to change camera position about 2/3 of the way through the sequence. Live and learn, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5BJrrZJm5E

• Like Like x 2
  2. gardengirl13

gardengirl13 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    US
    That's great!!!!

3. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Alan
    Thanks for sharing, great video, time lapse is one of the things I want to have a really good go at this year. Over how long a period did you shoot it? and how was battery life and frequency of shoots?

4. dmanthree

dmanthree New to Mu-43

Feb 11, 2013
    Details...

Hi,

The camera was set to shoot every 60 seconds, and was shooting over 27 hours so I just set it to A mode, Auto ISO, and let it fire away. I shot JPGs to make life a little easier.

Battery life was very good. I was able to get about 450 shots on a charge, and shooting every minute means that the camera never shut down. It was warm at the end of the shoot.

I have an AC adapter on order...

5. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Alan
    Thanks for shooting info, I have an AC adapter on my list of things to buy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.