GH3 Time Lapse Compilation

escape

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Terry
"No matter how dark the clouds in your life the sky behind them is always blue. And the clouds will pass."

Compilation of my first attempts at time lapses with the GH3 - dedicated to my brother who I lost tragically last year.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
Great job Terry.

Very sorry to hear about your brother. I hope you and your family are finding a way to cope with loss of a son/brother/father and friend. I lost my dad back in 2012, and it was looking back on all the photographs that he took as I grew up that sparked my interest in photography. It's nice to have a hobby that you can remember a loved one by, while enjoying it at the same time.

For a first pass at time-lapse, you did a great job. If I would offer one piece of advice, I would look in to getting some ND filters to smooth out the tide coming in and out.

escape

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Terry
Thanks for your kind words ijm5012 - I find photography/video a great escape from reality and a great way to reflect on how you're feeling - time lapses are awesome 'cause you get to sit there for 20 - 30 minutes and just totally absorb what's going on around you while the camera clicks away.

Unfortunately, my Lumix 7-14mm lens shape doesn't lend itself to fitting an ND filter.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
Terry,

Yes, I'm a big fan of early morning sunrises and late evening sunsets for that very reason. Personally, I find it as a way to escape from the everyday, and to enjoy the beauty of nature in a way that many people don't. Sadly, far too many of us take the simplest things for granted, family being one of those. It's unfortunately that many of us have to experience and extraordinary loss in order to recognize what we have to be grateful for. But in some instances, good can come from bad, and my hobby of photography is a personal example of that.

Regarding your 7-14, check out this piece of equipment from Photosphere SG. It's a foam rubber adapter that fits over the lens hood. You simply attach a filter holder to it and slide in a filter. I have one for my Olympus 7-14 PRO, and it works very, very well. The kit that I linked to has the foam rubber adapter and the filter holder, so all you need to do is purchase a 100mm x 100mm ND filter and you're good to go.

JoJo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
Terry, it is quite beautiful and the music is perfect. As an orphan, I can not imagine the pain of losing a brother. So sorry. As an old guy, I realize the importance of friends and family. Be assured he is only gone to a different place and you will see him again.

escape

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Terry
Terry,

Yes, I'm a big fan of early morning sunrises and late evening sunsets for that very reason. Personally, I find it as a way to escape from the everyday, and to enjoy the beauty of nature in a way that many people don't. Sadly, far too many of us take the simplest things for granted, family being one of those. It's unfortunately that many of us have to experience and extraordinary loss in order to recognize what we have to be grateful for. But in some instances, good can come from bad, and my hobby of photography is a personal example of that.

Regarding your 7-14, check out this piece of equipment from Photosphere SG. It's a foam rubber adapter that fits over the lens hood. You simply attach a filter holder to it and slide in a filter. I have one for my Olympus 7-14 PRO, and it works very, very well. The kit that I linked to has the foam rubber adapter and the filter holder, so all you need to do is purchase a 100mm x 100mm ND filter and you're good to go.

Apologies for the late reply - thanks for the link to the lens hood rubber will def check that out.

escape

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Terry
Terry, it is quite beautiful and the music is perfect. As an orphan, I can not imagine the pain of losing a brother. So sorry. As an old guy, I realize the importance of friends and family. Be assured he is only gone to a different place and you will see him again.
Thanks for your kind words and thoughts JoJo appreciate that : )

Latest threads

Top Bottom