GH3 suggestions?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by cpepdan, Sep 1, 2013.

1. cpepdan

cpepdan Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Dan Nicholson
    I think I have exhausted the threads and haven't found this info. So if it's around I'm sorry.

I am a pro video guy making the switch to a GH3. I shoot business and commercial video and do portrait still work.

I own some Nikon glass so will be getting an adaptor so I can still use them.

Looks like the Panasonic lenses get great reviews, any suggestions for others that go well for video and portraits and some sports coverage?

I plan to get a Tascam D60 for audio and a rig at some point but will just use my, now overkill, video tripod.

Thanks for any advise from those who are already where I am planning to go.

Thanks!

2. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    If you got Nikon glass you should consider getting Nikon G to M43 Speedbooster that will make your existing Nikon lens 1 stop faster and wider when paired up with GH3

The 12-35 is a great all rounder lens that I used a lot on my GH3 (especially for gun and run), you can get 35-100 or 100-300 if you need longer zoom needs, for me I don't shoot indoor stage so 45-175mm with powerzoom actually fits me better

3. Brandon Weaver

Brandon Weaver Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Cincinnati (Northern Kentucky)
    Brandon Weaver
    I purchased the GH3 more the video side as well... it's difficult to beat Voigtlander's offerings. I have the 17.5mm, and love it for video. I'd imagine their new 42.5mm would be perfect if you are doing portrait work as well.

4. johnnymg

johnnymg Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2013
    Tell us what HW you are currently using for your videos.

cheers
    JohnG

5. cpepdan

cpepdan Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Dan Nicholson
    HW? Hardware? I use Premiere Pro.

6. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    14-140 is a solid 10x video zoom. There's the 12-35/35-100 zooms if you need maximum low light performance and have the money for them. The speed booster suggestion is a very good idea as well.

7. cpepdan

cpepdan Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Dan Nicholson
    Awesome. I have F mount I think. I'm assuming fastest class 10 memory card works best?