GH3 suggestions?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by cpepdan, Sep 1, 2013.

1. cpepdan

cpepdan Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Dan Nicholson
    I think I have exhausted the threads and haven't found this info. So if it's around I'm sorry.

I am a pro video guy making the switch to a GH3. I shoot business and commercial video and do portrait still work.

I own some Nikon glass so will be getting an adaptor so I can still use them.

Looks like the Panasonic lenses get great reviews, any suggestions for others that go well for video and portraits and some sports coverage?

I plan to get a Tascam D60 for audio and a rig at some point but will just use my, now overkill, video tripod.

Thanks for any advise from those who are already where I am planning to go.

Thanks!

2. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    If you got Nikon glass you should consider getting Nikon G to M43 Speedbooster that will make your existing Nikon lens 1 stop faster and wider when paired up with GH3

The 12-35 is a great all rounder lens that I used a lot on my GH3 (especially for gun and run), you can get 35-100 or 100-300 if you need longer zoom needs, for me I don't shoot indoor stage so 45-175mm with powerzoom actually fits me better

3. Brandon Weaver

Brandon Weaver Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Cincinnati (Northern Kentucky)
    Brandon Weaver
    I purchased the GH3 more the video side as well... it's difficult to beat Voigtlander's offerings. I have the 17.5mm, and love it for video. I'd imagine their new 42.5mm would be perfect if you are doing portrait work as well.

4. johnnymg

johnnymg Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2013
    Tell us what HW you are currently using for your videos.

cheers
    JohnG

5. cpepdan

cpepdan Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Dan Nicholson
    HW? Hardware? I use Premiere Pro.

6. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    14-140 is a solid 10x video zoom. There's the 12-35/35-100 zooms if you need maximum low light performance and have the money for them. The speed booster suggestion is a very good idea as well.

7. cpepdan

cpepdan Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Dan Nicholson
    Awesome. I have F mount I think. I'm assuming fastest class 10 memory card works best?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.