1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Gh3 release in december (Japan)

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ralfmouth, Nov 3, 2012.

1. ralfmouth

ralfmouth Mu-43 Regular

Oct 16, 2012
    Based on how these things usually go, can anybody guesstimate a U.S. release date? If they fix the moire i'm in.

2. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Very soon!

While attending the Photo Plus show in NYC last week I spoke to the folks at Panasonic. The first shipment is tentatively scheduled for end of November. The Panasonic direct web page is stating Dec 15 for the second shipment. I was told that the first shipment was already sold out and allocated to dealers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralfmouth

ralfmouth Mu-43 Regular

Oct 16, 2012
  4. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Bottom line the GH3 won't be easy to acquire just like the GH2 wasn't easy. Maybe Kai Wong from DigitalRevTV in Hong Kong DigitalRev TV - YouTube will have some to sell us if his market gets a good supply first.

5. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I'm a little bummed, I was really hoping for a November ship date... ah well. Patience is a virtue or so they tell me!

6. ralfmouth

ralfmouth Mu-43 Regular

Oct 16, 2012
    How long after release was gh2 readily available? I remember waiting for the T2i a couple weeks but it had already been released a while.

7. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

It will all work out

What new camera is easy to get at the initial release? Those who placed advanced orders will be rewarded. Regarding Hong Kong, not a good idea. I'm not about to spend that amount of $$ and not have a US warranty. I'm sure Panasonic wants to ship cameras even more that we want to buy them. Soon, we'll all be sharing our comments.

8. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Except for the OMD, nearly all Olympus cameras have been easy to get at the initial release. But historically Panasonic has had limited production of it's new high end cameras and prime lenses. So it can take 6-12 months before a new high end model or m4/3 prime lens becomes fairly easy to acquire.