GH3 - rear screen stopped working

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by seadragon, Sep 9, 2013.

1. seadragon

seadragon Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2013
    My GH3 has been working flawlessly since I got it last December. However, the other day, the rear screen stopped working. I've tried resetting the camera but it makes no difference.

The screen went bad, but later that night, it went back to normal again. The next morning, it was bad again and has been ever since. It's like the video signal going to the screen is messed up.

The EVF is working fine, just the rear screen is dead. The screen backlight comes on, but there is no image. Just a couple of flickering horizontal lines.

This happened suddenly and without warning. It was working fine one minute, then looked like this the next.

2. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Have you exposed it a lot of moisture recently? I've had mine in rain for hours without issues. Overnight in silica sand or rice should help to absorb most of it.
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    My sympathies, but unfortunately no advice other than trying a warranty return.
  4. seadragon

seadragon Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2013
    Thanks. No, it wasn't exposed to any moisture. I think there must be a loose connector inside.

It's in the repair shop now. Hope to get it back soon.
  5. seadragon

seadragon Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2013
    I heard from the repair technician today. He said the connectors were all fine but the actual screen is defective. He's replacing the whole screen assembly. Parts are on order.