GH3 owners opinions so far....??

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Kiwi Paul, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and think it's a great camera. The handling and ergonomics suit me perfectly and the IQ is excellent as is it's over all performance. Not smitten with the EVF, I prefer the G3/5 one but its ok.

So how do other GH3 owners feel?

Paul

2. gcogger

gcogger Mu-43 Veteran

May 25, 2010
    UK
    Graeme
    I've not had mine for long, and had little chance to use it seriously yet, but my feelings so far are:
    - I don't like the way Panasonic have gone with the design. I'd gladly sacrifice one of the dials and some of the buttons for a smaller body. It feels like a new line of cameras, rather than a replacement for the GH1 & GH2.
    - The image quality is very good. Maybe 1/2 stop better than the GH2 or G5 for high ISO noise and with better dynamic range. There also seems to be something less easily defined about the images, a natural or more realistic look to them. All in all, I'm very impressed.
    - I'm in two minds about the viewfinder. It's a little smaller than previous models, but seems to have better shadow detail and a more natural look.
    - It feels even quicker to focus than previous models. I'd like to see if it can cope with something like motorsports, but haven't had a chance yet.

My ideal camera would be a true successor to the GH2 - similar capabilities in a smaller form factor - but this will do me for now :)

3. gcogger

gcogger Mu-43 Veteran

May 25, 2010
    UK
    Graeme
    I've posted my experiences using the GH3 for motorsports (a track day) HERE. It worked much better than I expected :smile: