GH3 owners opinions so far....??

Kiwi Paul

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and think it's a great camera. The handling and ergonomics suit me perfectly and the IQ is excellent as is it's over all performance. Not smitten with the EVF, I prefer the G3/5 one but its ok.

So how do other GH3 owners feel?

Paul

gcogger

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Graeme
I've not had mine for long, and had little chance to use it seriously yet, but my feelings so far are:
- I don't like the way Panasonic have gone with the design. I'd gladly sacrifice one of the dials and some of the buttons for a smaller body. It feels like a new line of cameras, rather than a replacement for the GH1 & GH2.
- The image quality is very good. Maybe 1/2 stop better than the GH2 or G5 for high ISO noise and with better dynamic range. There also seems to be something less easily defined about the images, a natural or more realistic look to them. All in all, I'm very impressed.
- I'm in two minds about the viewfinder. It's a little smaller than previous models, but seems to have better shadow detail and a more natural look.
- It feels even quicker to focus than previous models. I'd like to see if it can cope with something like motorsports, but haven't had a chance yet.

My ideal camera would be a true successor to the GH2 - similar capabilities in a smaller form factor - but this will do me for now :)

gcogger

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Graeme
I've posted my experiences using the GH3 for motorsports (a track day) HERE. It worked much better than I expected :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom