1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GH3 + Nokton 17.5 mm

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by skatemurai, Oct 25, 2013.

1. skatemurai

skatemurai New to Mu-43

Sep 13, 2012
    Hi everybody,

I have big dilemma on my mind:

I want to refresh my old hobby: making videos and sometimes taking pictures.
    I had GH2 + Nokton 25 mm combination, but then I sold it — because I thought I don't like this hobby anymore and I'm no good at it, somehow I`ve just lost my spirit in this field (but I did not try new things, try to take pictures/taking videos differently, I've just misunderstood hobby as itself...?). But I fell in love with Nokton 25mm ever since, and I still think about it sometimes :)

My question is more psychological: do you think should I invest my saved money into GH3 + Nokton 17.5 mm combo? I really want to start this passion again, and have many fun with it, I`m just not sure about money issue :) And do you think it is good combo for general purpose of photo/video? I love working with this manual lenses. Is 17.5 mm better then 25 mm?

Thanks,
    and I`m sorry for my confused style of writing :)

2. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Spend your money on developing your skill and use what you already have. I have the GH2, CV25mm, and CV17.5mm; and I have rented the GH3 to use with both lenses. I'm not giving up my GH2. I'm not buying the GH3. All four are excellent.

Don't focus on which is better. All have their individuals traits; however, none of them are substantially any better than one another. They're just tools to capture the final products: still images or video.