GH3 Help Needed - AF box moves when using EVF

sigamy

Mu-43 Regular
Sorry for the newbie question. I have searched online and in the manual and can't find what I am doing wrong.

I am trying to shoot with autofocus. I am set to AFS/AFF. AF Mode is 1-Area. When I use the LCD screen the Area box is dead center of the screen. When I use the EVF, the box moves to the far right side of the frame. I want the AF box to stay in the center. What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting that I missed? I thought that "Eye Sensor AF" was doing it but that doesn't seem to change this behavior.

TIA for any help.

gcogger

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Graeme
There's a setting that allows you to set the focus point using the touch screen (under touch settings on my GX7 menu, maybe the same on the GH3). I suspect you have that turned on and something - perhaps your nose :smile: - is touching the screen when you bring the camera to your eye. See if you can find that setting and turn it off.

Robstar1963

Mad on Motorsports
Real Name
Rob
The setting you are looking for per the comments above is 'Touch Pad' in Touch Settings
Disable this and see if you still have the same problem
The Touchpad facility allows you to manipulate the focus points by touch on the Screen whilst it is deactivated (ie not displaying images or info)
Regards
Rob

sigamy

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you! It looks like the actual setting is on Setup Custom, Page 7/8- Touch Settings, Touch Pad AF. Turning this off has seemed to fix the issue in my quick testing.

Touch AF settings seems to have no impact.

Thanks!

Latest threads

Top Bottom