1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH3 has Focus Peaking??

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by jloden, Aug 30, 2012.

1. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    According to 43Rumors, they have FT5 confirmation the GH3 will have focus peaking as one of the new features. Very interesting if this does turn out to be true! It will be a boon to m4/3 users who have wanted this feature for some time now without having to switch to the NEX system.

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    About time. Maybe they'll add proper zebras too.

3. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    It's a very nice feature, great job implementing it.

4. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    If true, this is excellent news if this capability then becomes widely available in other :43: bodies - especially for those of us whose eyesight isn't what it used to be :)biggrin:), and using adapted lenses requiring MF.

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Congratulations to Panasonic!
    (Seems like as of late, Olympus is playing catch-up to Panasonic)
    GH2-->OMD
    12-35/35-100-->75mm

But I digress - if true, then again "good on' Panasonic" :smile:

6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I hope they "retrofit" all the older cameras with this. It's a very simple piece of software. A firmware update would bring this to all Panasonic M43 cameras. I won't hold my breath though.

7. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    That's good news. I don't know that it would bring me back to using MF with m43 however. I am getting used to the lower crop factor on the NEX. Still, if the report is accurate the GH3 looks to be a very nice upgrade from the GH2.

8. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    I wouldn't hold my breath either.... Why would they retrofit this into older cameras when this feature could well be a reason for people to upgrade?

On the other hand - maybe this would prompt Olympus to "retrofit" one of their existing models to keep up with the competition. (I wish....I own an OM-D. :biggrin:)

9. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    A nice feature, but I'll be much more impressed if it has good C-AF rather than improved MF.

10. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    Couldn't agree more!!

I'm getting very excited by the rumors, but sadly no CAF rumor yet, perhaps the most anticipated / desired feature that is for all purposes completely missing from our platform!

11. nianys

nianys Mu-43 Regular

Hmm.. In the process of switching to NEX, don't know how much that'll keep me in the m4/3 realm...

12. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010

Had the same thought. I suspect it won't make me want to shoot MF with m43. Prefer NEX images and the 1.5x crop factor (vs 2x for m43)...makes my legacy lenses a bit more useful for me.