1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GH3/GH4 - AE Lock with Half Press Shutter Possible?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Pentaxis, May 9, 2015.

1. Pentaxis

Pentaxis Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2014
    Hello all. I am using my GH3 with back button focus, and have the focus disabled on the shutter button. Is there a way to turn on half shutter AE lock though? I haven't been able to find a way to lock AE with this setup for re-composure like i could on my Canon gear, and it is kinda frustrating, because back button focus rules.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

-Paul

2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    My GH3 is set up for back button focus and i've just checked metering. half press on shutter button appears to lock exposure.

Ah. But only in AFS not in AFC

3. Pentaxis

Pentaxis Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2014
    Good catch. I did have my camera set to AFS, but my data display was off. These cameras do a weird thing. They will lock exposure, but the screen will still adjust when you change as if it wasn't locked. Only noticed this once I turned on the actual exposure info. Interesting. Kinda makes it weird to chimp, but works!

Thanks!

4. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    Set CONSTANT PREVUE to ON in the menus, then in manual exposure modes ONLY the EVF and LCD images will not change with lighting changes. This is true in both stills and video as long as your exposure mode is Manual.

• Like Like x 1