1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH3 Flash Menu - Faster Access?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by jloden, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Ok, I've read through the manual and did some web searching so I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no, but I thought I'd ask here too before I give up on it. :tongue:

Does anyone know if there is a faster way to get to the Flash menu (not the "Flash Mode" that's available on the Q menu, but the wireless flash settings, power settings, etc.)?

I'd like to start using my m4/3 gear more with off-camera flash with TTL, and unfortunately it seems like the only way to get to the flash control menu is through menu diving to Menu -> Rec -> Flash. That works ok if you have menu resume on and flash was the last thing you adjusted, but otherwise you could potentially have to page through a bunch of other settings to get to the flash control.

I was hoping there might be some kind of shortcut or faster way to get to this menu, add it to the Q menu, etc. that I hadn't dug up.

2. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    Hate to say it, but you already have your answer. The one glaring weakness of the GH3 is how crippled its button assignments are compared even to other Panasonic models.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Yeah, I figured that's probably the case here.

All I can think of is this is the first Panasonic to offer wireless flash support, so hopefully we can see some improvements in this area in the future. Nobody really wants to dive through menus while you're trying to manipulate flash output for remote units in mid-shoot, after all.

4. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    Yeah, what he said. The Oly is cool because the flash menu pops up when you have it in commander mode. But that is also a pain because the super menu is disabled.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Definitely not. Just press INFO to switch between the two.

• Like Like x 1
  6. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio