1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH3 and Hague MMC vid

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by hypnomatt, May 28, 2013.

1. hypnomatt

hypnomatt Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    Just got a Hague MMC steadicam for my GH3.
    Here's a quick vid while practising with it at the weekend. I was going for an Amelie look here. :smile:

https://vimeo.com/67122576

2. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

Brilliant! Lovely little film, I really enjoyed it.

The steadicam works brilliantly.

3. hypnomatt

hypnomatt Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    Thank you :smile::drinks:

4. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Matt... I love it! Wonderful job.

I'm just behind, following your footsteps. My GH3 will be here in a day or two and I have plans for doing more video with it. (Did a little with my GH2.)

The slo-mo capability with the GH3 is awesome. And the results you got with the steadicam are great.

I've been thinking about getting a Blackbird, but will have to look at the Hague, now. Thanks!

I have my slider already... Kessler Pocket Dolly (Philip Bloom Spl. Edition). soooooo sweet!

Video is so exciting.

What are you editing with (software and hardware)?

5. hypnomatt

hypnomatt Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks Don. Yeah the Hague is good. Still learning how to move with it. Thats 90% of it.
    The in camera slo mo is great but you're limited to 24p if you use that. I was shooting at 50p (I'm in PAL land) to get real smooth slo mo in post. The vid is not that sharp as it was more of a steadicam practice and I just shot in auto.
    I'm using Sony Vegas Movie Studio on a Sony Lap Top. It will only process around a min if I shoot in .MOV as its not powerful enough to handle it so the I'm shooting AVCHD until I get a more powerful pc.
    There are some underwater housings coming out for the GH3 now. Really excited to see what it can do underwater.:2thumbs::smile:

6. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Cool man... looking forward to seeing more of your work with it. I sure love Vimeo! It's an addicting site.

7. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Thanks for sharing, I used to have MMC too for the GH2, later I got skyler minicam instead with the GH3 as it can handle more load and setup each time is less time consuming

8. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    Flo
    I was looking at Hague too for my GH2, but I've seen a few other option and I stopped to Steadicam Smoothee. It is designed for iPhone and GoPro, but with a lil' bit of modification you can get one of the finest gimble on the market at a reasonable price.
    Haven't got it yet, but I started buying the parts that I need extra and modify them. Really look forward to handle it. Looks great. I'll post another comment after I'll get it and try it out.

Have fun with your flying cam. :)