GH2 + Zuiko 45 1.8 or NEX-5N + old lenses?

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by Manu-4Vendetta, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    Hi, Im happy with the GH2, specially for video, but sometimes I feel it is somewhat limited in still photography. I have as native lenses 14-42, the pancake 14 and 20, then over ten different manuals optical mounts.

I like the 20mm 1.7 so much, isnt ideal for portraits but it does a decent job. With the optical manual does well, but when im in the street with a large telephoto doing casual photo and without stabilization in the body of the GH2 trepidaciones arrive there.

I question then, if to the specific topic of the photo still will benefit considerably from the Zuiko 45 1.8 is a great lens, with good focus and great for portraits or buy a NEX-5N body is best for still photo camera, great sensor with great RD, color depth, ISO and the manual lenses as I read does an excellent job.

For now I think of these two budget options, I'm saving for a 25mm Nokton 0.95 for year end and dont want to invest much money in the body of an E-PL5, I would love the GX1 or G5, but dont having stabilizer and misses the large manual telephoto.
  2. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    The 45mm 1.8 is definitely good for portrait given the price