GH2 + Zuiko 45 1.8 or NEX-5N + old lenses?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Manu-4Vendetta, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    Hi, Im happy with the GH2, specially for video, but sometimes I feel it is somewhat limited in still photography. I have as native lenses 14-42, the pancake 14 and 20, then over ten different manuals optical mounts.

I like the 20mm 1.7 so much, isnt ideal for portraits but it does a decent job. With the optical manual does well, but when im in the street with a large telephoto doing casual photo and without stabilization in the body of the GH2 trepidaciones arrive there.

I question then, if to the specific topic of the photo still will benefit considerably from the Zuiko 45 1.8 is a great lens, with good focus and great for portraits or buy a NEX-5N body is best for still photo camera, great sensor with great RD, color depth, ISO and the manual lenses as I read does an excellent job.

For now I think of these two budget options, I'm saving for a 25mm Nokton 0.95 for year end and dont want to invest much money in the body of an E-PL5, I would love the GX1 or G5, but dont having stabilizer and misses the large manual telephoto.

2. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    The 45mm 1.8 is definitely good for portrait given the price

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.