1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH2 where available

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by jlabate, Feb 21, 2011.

1. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    I have a friend who has been trying to find a GH2 to purchase with no luck. Where in the USA might they be available?

2. cucco

cucco Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2010
    I got VERY lucky and just happened to stroll into a store in San Diego that happened to have it when I was already considering it. The store was:

Nelson Photo Supplies
    1909 India Street, San Diego, CA
    (619) 234-6621 ‎

I believe the person I dealt with was Nancy. I'm certain that they'd ship it if they have it in stock. When I bought mine, she said her other store had it in stock too. At the time, I bought the last one that store had in stock (along with their last 20mm 1.7!). She said that they intended to try to keep them in stock.

Cheers-
    Jeremy

3. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Thanks Jeremy.

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Samy's, also in Southern Cal, also seems to usually have a few. Don't trust the web though - call them. I saw that they had some with the 14-42 in stock, but called to make sure - turned out they didn't but they had the 14-140 which is what I wanted to try anyway. The guy said they get 'em in and sell 'em so fast the web can't keep up since they don't do real time updating. But despite widespread lack of availability I found one the day I decided I wanted it and had it a couple days later...

-Ray

5. Hatfield

Hatfield New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2011
    Boston-ish
    I got mine last week from Hunt's Camera. They have several stores in the Boston area.
    Can order online from them too.

6. jfoco

jfoco Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Backordered for me

I'm getting my GH2 directly from Panasonic. I was told by the rep that they are backordered for 2-4 weeks right now.

7. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    panasonic EPP is the way to go if you don't mind waiting. You can't beat $675

8. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    I don't know much about EPP except a Google search shows it to be an employee purchase program. I don't know any employees of Panasonic.

9. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Thanks all for the tips. I forwarded them to my friend and will let you know what happens.

10. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    My co has a partnership with Panasonic. I understand that Panasonic honors the same EPP price through their facebook account. I don't know what facebook is or how it works but you can try.

11. cbrock

cbrock Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Try this link here

It's $765 if you are a facebook fan of Panasonic. Click the picture of the GH2 on that link if the one above doesn't work.

• Like Like x 1
  12. backdoc

backdoc Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2011
    I ordered one from BH Photo on 2/11/2011. Still on backorder, though....

13. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    My friend phoned Hunt's and was impressed by their friendly, knowledgeable response. He left them his credit card number and expects shipment of a GH2/14-140 next week.

Thanks again all for the tips.