1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH2 video and native lens question

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by bigkidneys, Feb 6, 2012.

1. bigkidneys

bigkidneys Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 20, 2010
    Pensacola, florida
    Hi all. Complete newb to the gh2 and gonna try my hand at using it for video as I only bought it most for stills. I have the following lenses to use it on it and having looked at the 14-140 in videos (had it for stills last year but wasn't impressed) was not sure if I should purchase it yet. I have the Oly 12/2, Oly 45/1.8, Panaleica 25/1.4, Panny 100-300, and about to buy a Panaleica 45 macro. I want to break into the video but by using the IA function which I gather the camera does the lens focusing for me. Am I correct in that I ca use this feature with all these lenses or just the Panny ones? Any help, insight, pointers to good articles for a newb would be tremendous! Thanks all!

Jason

2. bigkidneys

bigkidneys Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 20, 2010
    Pensacola, florida
    Just noticed there is a video forum here. I should have put it in there I assume. Any idea how to move this thread?

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not sure how to move the thread.

Yes in IA mode the camera would do the focusing and it should work with any m4/3 lens. Might work better with a Pany verses a Oly lens though?

What are you going to shoot video of?

4. bigkidneys

bigkidneys Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 20, 2010
    Pensacola, florida
    Started the thread over in the other forum as well. Not looking at anything in particular, just thinking of trying my hand at it on occasion.