Gh2 setting?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Z-man, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Z-man

Z-man Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Is there a setting on the GH2 where I could turn off the image view or preview. When I take a photo it displays in the viewfinder or on the LCD for a couple of secs. I want to turn it off if possible and just have the live view stay on all the time. If there is a setting, I can't find it.
  2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Under the setup (wrench) menu on my G2, there is a function called auto-review. You can either set a time in seconds, or turn it off. Alternatively, if you have auto-review enabled, and you half-press the shutter again after taking the photo, it will go directly back to live view. This is useful because since the GH2 and G2 live view don't correspond to the actual exposure, there are certain times when you'd likely want to do a quick verify on the image.
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    One limitation to turning auto-review off: if you set high speed burst mode (not super-high speed), auto-review is automatic, even if you've previously turned it off in the menu. For the life of me, I can't understand why Panasonic did this.
  4. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    As good as the layout is overall, they need a small menu refresh. It would also be nice to be able to dial in a manual power setting for the flash, rather than only exposure compensation.
  5. Empireme

Empireme Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    LA, CA
    Perhaps I'm not understanding your comment correctly. But my GH2 has the ability to change the power level of the flash - I've even dedicated a fn button for this so I don't have to bother navigating it through the menu...
  6. winnie123

winnie123 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2012
    London, U.K
    Yes I also adjust the flash power on my G1 but didn't realise you could allocate a dedicated button to it. Will check my manual to see if its possible on the G1.

7. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    You can adjust the exposure compensation, so that you are under or over exposing the image by a specific exposure value relative to the metering. For example, adjusting the flash to +1 or -0.5 EV. However, you and I are unable to set the flash to a specific strength such as 1/2 or 1/8 power.
  8. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Because the sensor is busy composing the next image and cannot sustain live view simultaneously. Their choices were auto-review or black.