GH2 - Screaming Females in Chicago - Apr 11th

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Bob T, May 13, 2013.

1. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2012
    Knoxville, TN
    So I took my hacked GH2 w/20mm 1.7, to a show in Chicago...
    It was very dark and the spots were mostly red...ISO 5000 to get exposure.
    Handheld and only the in camera mic...
    I only took a few clips, two full songs and a couple of partials thinking it wouldn't turn out very well...
    But gosh if I wasn't surprised how well this camera did...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CFiguJp8_8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For the record, not everyone appreciates this band from New Jersey, Screaming Females, but I love their work.
    They are young, but have 5 great CDs, really know how to rock and always restore a little youth to my 57 years.

2. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    Great video, black and white is perfect for this type of concert. I have never heard of the band before, but this is right up my street, loved every second of it. :2thumbs:

3. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2012
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks, Darren!
    And if you like them, check out some of the other videos of them on YouTube.
    This is a good one:
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04fI0rXcPM]Screaming Females, February 18, 2012, Grimey's Record Store, Nashville, TN - YouTube[/ame]

Marissa Paternoster on lead, is one of the finest players I've ever seen.

4. powderbanks

powderbanks Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    north carolina
    I've shot a few live music events, and I'm always shocked at how clear the audio is from the in-camera mic. B&W looks great. Have you shot down to 12800 ISO B&W? It's surprisingly really great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.