GH2 Raw File Problem - Help!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Bokeh Diem, May 11, 2011.

1. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    I use Lightzone to process Raw files and jpegs. I have recently acquired a GH2, fairly new, and have been shooting Raw and jpeg files together.

When I bring up the Raw files in Lightzone they are corrupted... colours are inverted, and additional digital garbage is along one edge of the photo image.

I did not have this problem with my G1's or G2 in this version of Lightzone before.

I am very perplexed. Can anybody offer a possible explanation?

Bokeh D

Attached Files:

2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    That does not look like Adobe Lightroom to me ... it says LightZone?

3. Bokeh Diem

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention.. yes it's Lightzone.

4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    A quick trip to the Lightzone website reveals that RAW files from the GH2 are not supported (yet, presumably). That is most likely the problem.

Until they update the software, I would suggest using the free Adobe DNG Converter to convert to DNG, which is supported by your software.

5. Bokeh Diem

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Thanks sprinke.... the Lightzone website had been down for several days and I hadn't been back to check yesterday... you've made my day!

When I get rich I will change over to the Adobe systems.... but until then it's on the cheap for me.

Best regards.. Bokeh!

6. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    For now you could use the software that comes with the camera. Conversions are good and the price is excellent. :) 

Gordon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.