1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GH2 rattle

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by CaptainD, Nov 19, 2011.

1. CaptainD

CaptainD Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2011
    I've been playing with mounting my GH2 on a suction cup mount recording in my car. The mount is sturdy and the camera rarely moves, unless I hit a big bump. The camera has rattling noises. I removed the rings for the neck strap, thinking that it those that were vibrating on the body. However, it still vibrates and rattles. It doesn't do it the whole time, but fairly frequently. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? I'm thinking I should get a boom mic maybe.

2. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Could be the OIS if you are using a lens with OIS. A hotshoe mic may help.

3. CaptainD

CaptainD Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2011
    I'm using the Panny 20mm. I'm thinking about getting a hot shoe mic, just not sure what to get yet.

4. MegaPixelTravel

MegaPixelTravel Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Canada
    The Mics for the GH2 are mounted on the hotshoe and that is not 100% solid attachment to the camera, get some gaffer tape and tape down the pop-up to the camera. That may solve your problem.

5. bee

bee Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2012
    Some people have noticed that the struts for the pop up flash rattle and you can try putting a dab of grease on them to stop the vibration.

6. eleveninth

eleveninth Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    try gaffer.