1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH2 Microphone Port for Flash

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Boatman, May 15, 2013.

1. Does anyone know if the microphone port on the GH2 can be used as an external flash port? The user's manual implies that you can use the port for this purpose, but does not specifically state so. Other than an external hot-shoe adapter, is there any way to cable an external flash to the camera?

2. reggie747

reggie747 New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2012
    Curious myself too...?

3. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Where does it imply that?

4. Flash Port

As noted, the manual does not SAY you can do this.

Somewhere I read or imagined that you could connect a 2.5mm flash connector to the microphone port. The user's manual specifically states that you cannot use a microphone or an external shutter release (in the microphone port) at the same time that you are using an external flash. That leads me to believe that the three features are all somehow connected through the 2.5mm port.

I've never found any conclusive statement that you can or cannot use an external flash connected out of the 2.5mm port.

5. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Not going to work.

The flash and the mic input are two totally separate operations. The flash cannot be connected to the mic connection.

On the GH3, in addition to the hot shoe, there is a separate "PC" connection for a flash. In this case, "PC" is not referring to a Personal Computer.