1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH2 - Keep or sell?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by meyerweb, Jul 31, 2013.

1. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I just bought a GH3, which I'm absolutely thrilled with.

So I now have a GH3, a GH3 (correction, GH2), and a G3 that is primarily my wife's but available to me as a second body / backup pretty much when I need it.

The only real reason I can think of to keep the GH2 is the multi-aspect sensor, for that extra width with wide angles by shooting in 16:9 aspect ratio. But I'd be interested in reading anyone else's thoughts.

2. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand
    If you are going to mainly use 1 camera then I suggest you sell the GH2 since the resell price is pretty good at moment.

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    I usually shoot with 2 bodies at the same time for most shoots, I would keep it.

But if a smaller form factor is needed as a backup body, like the upcoming GX7, I might sell it now.

Good luck!

4. meyerweb

Sep 5, 2011
    That's kind of what I'm thinking, but I wouldn't buy at GX (if at all), until the price drops (like the GH3 did).

5. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I bought and sold all these:

E-M5, G5, GX1, E-PL5

I bought and kept these:

GH1, GH2

I LOVE the GHx series and their lovely control levers and wheels.

6. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    IMHO, the biggest attraction to the GH series, is what you mentioned in the last line. :thumbup:

7. smiclalef427

smiclalef427 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 14, 2011
    Sell the GH2, the prices they're going for are terrific. When I sold mine back in April, it was a rare case where I came out ahead in the transaction.

I bought the GH2 14-140 kit new in Summer 2011 for $1200 (panasonic eps pricing), and sold the body alone for $820 - ebay costs and what I value the 14-140 lens portion to be. It was really a great deal for me to sell the two year old camera body!

8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This is a very confusing statement :wink:

9. meyerweb

Sep 5, 2011
    Sorry, fat-fingered the keyboard. I've corrected the original post.