1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GH2 JPEG Noise Reduction

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by SloppyJoe, Nov 14, 2011.

1. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe New to Mu-43

Aug 15, 2011
    asia
    Can someone tell me if it is possible to disable or bring noise reduction while shooting jpg files to the same low level as when shooting raw?

I know you can adjust the level of noise reduction in the shooting mode down to -2 but even then it still has a heavy amount of noise reduction compared to raw.

I would like to be able to shoot jpeg without any noise reduction whatsoever, or atleast the same level as present in the lowest raw setting on the GH2. How can I go about doing this?

2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I think by virtue of what JPEG is there is always going to be some processing involved that we can't control.

However, you can try changing the setting of "NOISE REDUCTION" under the Film Modes settings.

Also turn off "LONG SHTR NR."

3. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Don't do this unless you want your photos taken at slow shutter speeds to look like a starry night.

4. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe New to Mu-43

Aug 15, 2011
    asia

From my experience with different digital cameras I would have to agree. Thanks for the tips though.

I wish that some of the activity that went into the video firmware hacking for the GH2 went towards features for photographers. There's a few things I would like to see for this camera that seem to be purely software limitations.