GH2----How to update the software?

youry

Mu-43 Regular
My Gh2 came with version 1.0 and I saw on Panasonic site a new version, 1.4.
Any idea how to update the software in the camera? Panasonic's support is one of the worst I've come across so far. Thanks for any help

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I don't see an update for the GH2 on the Panasonic site .... I see one for the G2 ...

Normally, there's an instruction PDF on the download page. For my GF1, the process was take two pictures, copy the firmware file to the card, put the card in the camera, turn it on, and hit the play button.

youry

Mu-43 Regular
I don't see an update for the GH2 on the Panasonic site .... I see one for the G2 ...

Normally, there's an instruction PDF on the download page. For my GF1, the process was take two pictures, copy the firmware file to the card, put the card in the camera, turn it on, and hit the play button.
Here is the page showing the 1.4 firmware. It's a small ".lin" file.

ok, the update seems to be for the 14-140mm lens though it clearly shows "GH2 body only" on top of the page.

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
The most important thing to know about Pany firmware updates is the camera will not proceed unless you have a freshly charged battery.

It is for all bodies with earlier versions of the lens:
H-VS014140 Lens Firmware Update

Compatible Models
DMC-G10K, DMC-G1A, DMC-G1K, DMC-G1R, DMC-G2A, DMC-G2K, DMC-G2R, DMC-GF1C-K, DMC-GF1K-K, DMC-GF2CK, DMC-GF2CR, DMC-GF2CS, DMC-GF2CW, DMC-GF2KK, DMC-GF2KR, DMC-GF2KS, DMC-GF2KW, DMC-GH1K, DMC-GH2K-Body-Only, DMC-GH2S-Body-Only

peterpix

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Peter Randal
14-140 update

I've tried toi get this download to work at two different sites and and neither works. The link above resulted in an "unknown" file, the other lead to a link for Color Burst? Anybody have any luck with this download?

peterpix

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Peter Randal
no it does not

When I click on the download I get spectra vision color burst, nothing from Panasonic?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom