1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH2----How to update the software?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by youry, Dec 30, 2010.

1. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    My Gh2 came with version 1.0 and I saw on Panasonic site a new version, 1.4.
    Any idea how to update the software in the camera? Panasonic's support is one of the worst I've come across so far. Thanks for any help

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I don't see an update for the GH2 on the Panasonic site .... I see one for the G2 ...

Normally, there's an instruction PDF on the download page. For my GF1, the process was take two pictures, copy the firmware file to the card, put the card in the camera, turn it on, and hit the play button.

3. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    Here is the page showing the 1.4 firmware. It's a small ".lin" file.

ok, the update seems to be for the 14-140mm lens though it clearly shows "GH2 body only" on top of the page.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yes, that's a lens FW update. Take 2 pictures, copy the file to the card, etc

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

The most important thing to know about Pany firmware updates is the camera will not proceed unless you have a freshly charged battery.

It is for all bodies with earlier versions of the lens:
    H-VS014140 Lens Firmware Update

Compatible Models
    DMC-G10K, DMC-G1A, DMC-G1K, DMC-G1R, DMC-G2A, DMC-G2K, DMC-G2R, DMC-GF1C-K, DMC-GF1K-K, DMC-GF2CK, DMC-GF2CR, DMC-GF2CS, DMC-GF2CW, DMC-GF2KK, DMC-GF2KR, DMC-GF2KS, DMC-GF2KW, DMC-GH1K, DMC-GH2K-Body-Only, DMC-GH2S-Body-Only

6. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    14-140 update

I've tried toi get this download to work at two different sites and and neither works. The link above resulted in an "unknown" file, the other lead to a link for Color Burst? Anybody have any luck with this download?

7. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    no it does not

When I click on the download I get spectra vision color burst, nothing from Panasonic?

8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Link works for me - I suspect you have a browser hijacker of some sort installed. Try a different browser.

9. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I will download and e-mail it to you if you want.....it is a tiny file.

PM me your e-mail if that's the route you want to go.

R