1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH2 For Dumies

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by coastlineamps, Apr 3, 2013.

1. coastlineamps

coastlineamps Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 25, 2013
    Sorry everyone but I like to know if there is a quick user guide for dummies or tips and tricks someone has to better help me use the GH2. I would appreciate it. I have the regular manual but my god there is a ton of information.................Hard to digest so much.

2. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
  3. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Robert
    In the case of this particular camera, since it became such a hit with enthusiasts, I've found that almost everything can be found for free online. YouTube is full of "how to's" for the GH2 - I'd try just doing some searches whenever you want to figure out how to do something and I'd bet you find it easily.

Sadly, though, most of the books I looked at when I got my GH2 were pretty much just retreads of the information in the manual, or information you could just as easily find online - I never did find a solid guide in printed form that was worth the asking price.

Of course, you could probably also just inquire on this forum and others with specific questions and get the answers you want in fairly short order as well!

4. coastlineamps

coastlineamps Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 25, 2013
  5. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Panasonic don't make it easy, either. I find that their manuals, while accurate, aren't very helpful. Stilted "formal" English that tells you "what" a setting does, but does not explain very well "why" you would ever do such a thing, and doesn't necessarily tie in to other related settings.

6. LudwigVB

LudwigVB Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 14, 2012
    I also haven't found Panasonic manuals to be all that helpful, but I could say the same about most camera manufacturers' manuals that I have used. It seems to be a common problem.