GH2 focus speed demo

khollister

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Keith
Wow - granted it is perfect conditions, but that is quite impressive. I'm beginning to wonder if contrast detect AF on M43 can directly compete with DSLR due to both evolving technology along with lower moving mass in native M43 lenses. It will interesting to see how Olympus responds to this in the coming months.

panystac

Mu-43 Regular
Wow - granted it is perfect conditions, but that is quite impressive. I'm beginning to wonder if contrast detect AF on M43 can directly compete with DSLR due to both evolving technology along with lower moving mass in native M43 lenses. It will interesting to see how Olympus responds to this in the coming months.

One of the key criticisms of :43: by :43: haters has been Contrast Detecton AF. They often conveniently hold up the lackluster AF preformance of Olympus CDAF and lump Panasonic CDAF into the same category.

I did some tests quite a while ago, and came to the conclusion that the Panasonic CDAF was at least as good as many DSLRs.

With the even better preformance of the GH2, the CDAF detractors should evaporate..... but I dare say they will STILL be complaining :wink:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom