GH2, first shutter-less camera?

hohoho

Mu-43 Regular
Cameras had been unable to use a entirely digital shutter for various reasons[. . . T]his phenomena of the electronic shutter can also be seen in some cheap CMOS digital compacts which use an electronic shutter for still photos.
So within the space of one paragraph, "this phenomena" moves from impossibility to existing commercial use. Phenomenonal! I guess he means that it's possible but its results have been prohibitively horrible. ("It's not a bug, it's a feature"?)

I'd love a silent camera.
Konica Hexar!

eolake

Mu-43 Regular
The Hexar is my ideal camera!
But it friggin has to be digital. I barely have the patience to put an SD card in a card reader, there's no way I'm getting film developed these days.

Actually I must say the GF1 with 20mm is very close to the Hexar in many ways, even better in some.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
This could be a big step forward for 4/3rds sensor cams... removing another complex mechanical part will make these cameras even cheaper to build and more reliable, plus potentially allow combining exposures to create seemless HDR.

Exciting times ahead!

Cheers

Brian

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom