1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GH2 Firmware Release 1.1 is Out

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Boatman, Dec 8, 2011.

1. I down loaded and installed the new GH2 firmware last night. It is available at Joint update service for Four Thirds lenses | Digital Camera | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global - I included the link as this site is not that easy to find.

My impression is that the new firmware is hardly worth the bother. There are no improvements that one really needs and I can't say that I'm going to ever use any of them at all.

I'm pleased that Panasonic is investing in the features of the Lumix cameras but I sure would like to see the addition of some features that were useful or beneficial in a major way.

2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Surely it would be great if people were speaking only for themselves. For example, the ability to place the AF area everywhere in the frame (as opposed to the small center portion) and the ability to turn the touch screen completely off are very useful updates for many users. The ability to shoot 1080/25p natively is also a very useful update for users in PAL countries. If you personally are not thrilled with the update, it doesn't mean that it's worthless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    I agree with Stratokaster. I can definitely use this and it's an even better foundation for Vitaliy and co. to do their amazing hack!