GH2 EXTC question...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by kodaC, Jul 31, 2011.

1. kodaC

kodaC New to Mu-43

Jul 31, 2011
    Hey! Quick question about the GH2. I've asked elsewhere and haven't found anyone that's able to provide an answer yet....

- Is the EXTC mode able to be toggled with a single push of a button?

- Is this able to be toggled on-the-fly, while shooting video? Or does it require diving into the menu and then starting up a whole new clip?

Thanks so much. =)
  2. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    You can set one of the Fn buttons to directly turn it on. I have one of my C positions set up for video with Fn1 changing the ETC - this means that when I'm shooting stills I can have it set to something else...

Not sure if it can be toggled during a clip...
  3. kodaC

kodaC New to Mu-43

Jul 31, 2011
    Thank you for the response! That much is helpful.

Is there any way I can coax you into checking? I seem to have stumbled onto quite the mystery. Strange considering how popular the camera is for shooting video.
  4. brunerww

Mar 5, 2011
    Sadly, it cannot be toggled while shooting in the video mode. It's still a great feature, but you have to set it before you start recording.

Hybrid Camera Revolution
  5. kodaC

kodaC New to Mu-43

Jul 31, 2011
    Ah-ha! Thank you, Bill, for producing that most relevant discovery from the dark, dank depths of the electronic labyrinth that must be Panasonic's GH2!

I do really appreciate it.

I've been pouring over cameras for about a week straight, and just when I had made peace with the idea of spending $900 on a body this stick gets tossed 'tween my spokes.

I can't say that I'm not a little bit disappointed, but maybe it wasn't meant to be. I guess I could always take up drugs instead.

Jay-kay. Thanks again guys! Saved me a headache. =)