GH2 exposure bracketing: what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by tanngrisnir3, Apr 13, 2012.

1. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    Unless I've failed to press/choose some function, I'm doing something quite wrong.

I've selected auto bracketing, picked out the steps I want, and then shoot.

However, the camera is still only taking one exposure, not three (in this case).

What am I missing?
  2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Do you have force flash on?

Do you have the lever set to single shot, or bracket mode?
  3. Old Picker

Old Picker Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2012
    Cwmbran Wales UK
    On the gh1 I think you just keep you finger pressed on the exposure button and every picture taken will be bracketed........I think? I have my bracketing at 5 exposures.
  4. tanngrisnir3

Oct 18, 2011
    DOH! The LEVER?!?!?!

Why didn't I think of that?
  5. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Haha, yeah, setting the camera to bracketing will help. :tongue: Although, even as I first read your post, I thought you were referring to how many photos the camera will take per shutter press. My G2 will only take 1 photo per shutter press, so you have to hold it down and manually count to get the full range for bracketing. Also, I shoot in RAW, and the buffer absolutely annoys me, congratulations on being more patient with your camera than I am. Even just testing this real quick before I posted raised my blood pressure.

It would be nice if the camera took a quick succession of your required photos. Plus, if I take photos a few seconds apart, it still does bracketing, so you have to leave bracketing mode and come back to it to reset, or keep very careful count. For example, if you are doing a 7-shot series, and you accidentally shoot 8 photos, then before your next series, either exit bracketing mode and re-enter it, or turn the camera off and back on, or your photos won't start with a "perfect" exposure.
  6. tanngrisnir3

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I found autobracketing in the menu, selected it, selected the steps apart that I wanted and just thought if I pushed the button, the camera would just take the multiple exposures.

That's how it works on my 7D and my g/f's 5D, so I figured, "Hey, that makes sense, why would Panny do it any differently?"

So, which one is correct, then?

A. select the autobracketing and then hold the exposure button down until the desired number of shots fire off or...
    B. select the AB AND choose the multiple exposure lever/switch setting?

** on edit **

Oh, never mind, just remembered I have the .pdf of the manual and went to look.