GH2 Corp. Vid - 7-14, 35 & 85 Rok

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Psynema, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Psynema

Psynema Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Gary Hanna
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
  3. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    I agree - very nice.

The only thing I would say was that the use of the wide angle - or rather the distortion that came with it - felt off. It may be subliminally off-putting and that's something a financial institution really doesn't want. Maybe a couple of the shots needed the wide angle because of lack of space - the one that springs to mind was the couple talking to the employee in the office - but others like the wide view of the car detailer didn't. Know what I mean?
  4. parka

parka Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2012
    Nice editing.

The use of the 7-14mm is inappropriate. The purpose of that lens is to get as much scene in as possible so as to show the audience. Using a more normal lens would have achieve the same objective for those extra wide shots.
  5. TweakMDS

TweakMDS Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2012
    Tilburg, Netherlands
    Great work allround. If you're open to it, I have a few remarks (otherwise disregard the following)

+ great, great editing. Especially the closer up interviews and back and forth sequences are spot on.
    + camera positions and solid dolly work give it a smooth, professional and finished look (although depending on budget, rent a crane for that opening sequence since the dolly JUST doesn't get high enough).
    + lighting is really good on the interviews. Nice balance with the ambient background although I did see some highlights on a face in one of the earlier interview shots.
    - wide angle is bit too wide on the interiors. I think a moderate 24 - 35mm equivalent focal length (so 12 - 35mm) is the widest I'd use indoors, especially when panning.
    - some color grading on the front facade shots that seemed a bit out of place. I'd try to keep everything in one style. This is a bit like using multiple fonts on a paper.

Thanks for sharing.
  6. aonavy

aonavy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2012
    Epping NH