GH2 Corp. Vid - 7-14, 35 & 85 Rok

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Psynema, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Psynema

Psynema Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Gary Hanna
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Nicely done.

3. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    I agree - very nice.

The only thing I would say was that the use of the wide angle - or rather the distortion that came with it - felt off. It may be subliminally off-putting and that's something a financial institution really doesn't want. Maybe a couple of the shots needed the wide angle because of lack of space - the one that springs to mind was the couple talking to the employee in the office - but others like the wide view of the car detailer didn't. Know what I mean?

4. parka

parka Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2012
    Nice editing.

The use of the 7-14mm is inappropriate. The purpose of that lens is to get as much scene in as possible so as to show the audience. Using a more normal lens would have achieve the same objective for those extra wide shots.

5. TweakMDS

TweakMDS Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2012
    Tilburg, Netherlands
    Michael
    Great work allround. If you're open to it, I have a few remarks (otherwise disregard the following)

+ great, great editing. Especially the closer up interviews and back and forth sequences are spot on.
    + camera positions and solid dolly work give it a smooth, professional and finished look (although depending on budget, rent a crane for that opening sequence since the dolly JUST doesn't get high enough).
    + lighting is really good on the interviews. Nice balance with the ambient background although I did see some highlights on a face in one of the earlier interview shots.
    - wide angle is bit too wide on the interiors. I think a moderate 24 - 35mm equivalent focal length (so 12 - 35mm) is the widest I'd use indoors, especially when panning.
    - some color grading on the front facade shots that seemed a bit out of place. I'd try to keep everything in one style. This is a bit like using multiple fonts on a paper.

Thanks for sharing.

6. aonavy

aonavy Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2012
    Epping NH
    George
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.