1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GH2: Can you customize JPG settings when shooting RAW+JPG?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Steve Miller, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Steve Miller

Steve Miller New to Mu-43

Aug 21, 2011
    Hi,

Does the GH2 have the ability to customize JPG settings when you're shooting RAW+JPG? Obviously, you can tweak the JPG settings in-camera when shooting JPG only.

The reason I ask, is that while I always shoot RAW with my 5D II, I use an Eye-Fi card with my S95 and shoot in RAW+JPG so I can transfer the JPG only shots to my iPhone (and quickly send to family/friends). It would be nice to be able to customize the JPG settings first, but I can't with the S95.

I'm looking at the GH2 as a lighter, family, travel, still/video alternative to my 5D II and was just wondering if it gives you the flexibility to tweak the JPG settings when shooting RAW+JPG. Not even close to a deal breaker for the GH2, just a nice benefit if I can do it.

Thanks,

Steve

2. I'm not aware of a raw+jpeg camera that doesn't allow you to mess with jpeg settings. All of my cameras do/have done, including the earlier GH1.

3. Steve Miller

Steve Miller New to Mu-43

Aug 21, 2011
    Thanks.

FYI, as far as I know, the S95 doesn't do this without a special hack (which doesn't work with the eye-fi card).

Steve

4. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I can with my G2.

Fred

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.