1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GH2: Can you customize JPG settings when shooting RAW+JPG?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Steve Miller, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Steve Miller

Steve Miller New to Mu-43

Aug 21, 2011
    Hi,

Does the GH2 have the ability to customize JPG settings when you're shooting RAW+JPG? Obviously, you can tweak the JPG settings in-camera when shooting JPG only.

The reason I ask, is that while I always shoot RAW with my 5D II, I use an Eye-Fi card with my S95 and shoot in RAW+JPG so I can transfer the JPG only shots to my iPhone (and quickly send to family/friends). It would be nice to be able to customize the JPG settings first, but I can't with the S95.

I'm looking at the GH2 as a lighter, family, travel, still/video alternative to my 5D II and was just wondering if it gives you the flexibility to tweak the JPG settings when shooting RAW+JPG. Not even close to a deal breaker for the GH2, just a nice benefit if I can do it.

Thanks,

Steve

2. I'm not aware of a raw+jpeg camera that doesn't allow you to mess with jpeg settings. All of my cameras do/have done, including the earlier GH1.

3. Steve Miller

Steve Miller New to Mu-43

Aug 21, 2011
    Thanks.

FYI, as far as I know, the S95 doesn't do this without a special hack (which doesn't work with the eye-fi card).

Steve

4. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I can with my G2.

Fred