GH2 battery scarcity!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kfgravy, Mar 11, 2011.

1. kfgravy

kfgravy Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 5, 2011
    USA
    Has anyone found a place to buy replacement batteries for the GH2?

B&H doesn't even CARRY them and other places have no stock and no clue when they'll get any...The DMW-BLC12 is a phantom! Which is too bad since one battery on this camera doesn't takeyou very far.

2. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    I looked it up at the Panasonic Parts store, it's backordered until 4/21.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Adorama has had them recently. Not sure if they're in stock at the moment, but I got a couple there a month or so ago. May want to check, in any case.

-Ray

4. cucco

cucco Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2010
    I concur with Ray.
    I picked up a pair of them from Adorama just a few weeks ago with no delay.

5. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    I found them and bought two a while back, here:

Panasonic National Parts Center located in Kent, WA. The batteries were not available on their website... but when I CALLED THEM at 800-833-9626, they took my order and shipped.

6. brunerww

brunerww  

Mar 5, 2011
    In stock at Unique Photo

...or you can take a chance on one of these Chinese knock-offs :eek:

7. cbrock

cbrock Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I saw this on Thom Hogan's website:

That doesn't appear to be good news. What is going on with Panny and the GH2? I'm really losing confidence in their ability to get their products to the customer in a timely fashion. I'm not sure my next camera body will be a panasonic if this isn't corrected quickly (which doesn't seem likely). I'm not going to be spending a lot of money just to have to go through things like this.

8. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Seems like perhaps there was a problem of some sort with the BLC12PP battery and that Panasonic will release a revised battery model for the GH2? Perhaps that's why the BLC12PP has been in such sort supply.

I bought mine by phone from the National Parts Center - number given in my post above.

9. HelenOster

HelenOster Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2010
    New York, NY
    They're currently o b/order with no ETA - but if you place an order we don't charge your cc until they are actually shipped (so if you were to find one earlier, you only need drop me an email to cancel).
    We're also expecting a house brand battery in fairly soon, as well as a non-branded charger.

10. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    BLC12E in UK?

Anyone in the UK come across a supplier of the GH2 battery at a reasonable price? Cheapest I can find is around the £55 mark including VAT.

11. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    Thanks! Keep forgetting about them. Order placed.

Update to this: battery on back order. Seems that no-one in the UK has them in stock at the moment. Many web sites say they are in stock, but when you quiz them it's a different story!

12. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    I only read the web site, did not check on stock, sorry about that - do have 2 more ideas.

13. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    Thanks - but no stock.

14. mqavila

mqavila Mu-43 Regular

Hi, any news on this? I can't seem to find the battery (whether the current one or a new model) for the GH2 available anywhere...

15. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    mqavila... did you try the resources mentioned in this thread... like calling 800-833-9626?

16. mqavila

mqavila Mu-43 Regular

DHart, I live in the Philippines actually so I need to rely on online stores. :)

17. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Oh, I see. Understanding better now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I got the same email. I'm not in a hurry since they still haven't shipped my GH2 (after more than a month since I ordered it!). I do hope they get their supply problems worked out.