GH2 availability in the US

Rider

Mu-43 Regular
Is there any information on GH2 availability in the US, specifically with the 14-140 lens? I have not even found places taking advance orders.

yoshi234

Mu-43 Regular
I live just a mile from Samys but had to get mine from Vistek in Canada. Trying to find one in the US is like looking for Bigfoot - lol!

Rider

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the tips about Panasonic direct and Samys. Availability must come and go, as model with lens is not available right now.

zpierce

Super Moderator
Real Name
Zach
I also grabbed mine from Vistek. Normally I wouldn't pay a premium for something like this, but we're going to San Diego for the holidays, and it's a prime shooting time for me. Especially since MN is kind of a tough place to shoot in the winter. I wanted 10 days of practice / fun with the new camera while out there :)

dko22

Mu-43 Regular
over on dpreview, there is a thread 145 posts long and counting, purely devoted to all the tales of joy and woe about who in the US can get a GH2 and from where. All masochists, pls click on this link!

GH2 Now Shipping Thread III [Page 1]: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Meanwhile in sunny Scotland, waiting for the next BIG FREEZE, I did manage last weekend to have a wee play with a stray GH2 that found its way into Edinburgh. Suffice it to say for the moment that I liked what I saw and will almost certainly be buying in due course. Just a taster, 1. compared to G1 probably 2 stops better high ISO in poor light 2. gentler highlight rolloff looking at clouds and more "fill light" from shadows before image degradation --ie clear DR improvement 3. Virtually no shimmer on EVF

DAvid

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran

brnmatsumoto

Mu-43 Regular
I am waiting to get my GH2 with the 14-140 mm from Samys today. I had placed an order two weeks ago, and gave them my credit card number. They did not charge my card until the item arrived in their store and they put it on the FED EX truck. According to the FED EX tracking number the item should be delivered before 3 pm.

From what the phone order person, Penny, told me they are pretty much selling to the fellows who had put down their credit card number. This puts them on a waiting list and then they fill these orders first. Frankly, it made me nervous to do this since they could not provide any information on when their next delivery would arrive. But it looks like it is working out for me.

So hang in there. There are some in the USA.

Brian

Latest threads

Top Bottom