GH2 and Infrared Wedding Photos

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by StudioHeraBell, May 29, 2011.

• Like Like x 1
  1. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Really nice concept and execution!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I had to place thm where they are, because the ground was wet, I put a plastic sheet for them to sit. And I did not want it to show in the shots.

3. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    If you want to do this more often, you may want to think about modifying a separate camera to remove the IR cut filter. You still need the IR filter, but since the cut filter for the sensor is gone, your exposures will be faster. I am not sure how easy it is to modify an m4/3 camera, but it is done quite often for Canons.

Very nice images. I am sure the couple must be pleased.

• Like Like x 1
  4. @ Hikari: friends who had modified their Canons, after seeing my infrareds coming out of my older Lumix G1 , sold the modified Canon and bought all Lumixes just for infrared.

For weddings, beleive it or not we charge extra to shoot IR. I used top shoot IR back in negaives era and print it in my darkroom. Good old times where we had to unload and load the negatives in special changing bags if we were outside. Keep it away from the heat. etc etc. I LOVE the digital era. You see what you get.

I e-mailed them the shot this morning, they were still in their Hotel bed, he answered by e-mail from his cell phone minutes later. Technology, what can I say. I am happy that they love it.

5. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Very nice shot, Hera !
    I love the way the leaves show like a curtain of white flower around the couple !

Congrats,
    Rafael

• Like Like x 1
  6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    That's a great photo! Well done!

• Like Like x 1