GH2 'alternative' battery coming to BH - $25

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by flaxseedoil1000, Mar 29, 2011.

1. flaxseedoil1000

flaxseedoil1000 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2011
  2. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    The same battery sells on fleabay for $13.99, free shipping.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

FYI, I bought this battery from B&H. No one warned me that the battery indicator would not show on the screen. As stated here, it does not show. So, stupid question 101, how can one rely on this battery without knowing whether it is holding a charge and how much the battery is charged or drained? Does this mean that one gets only that for which one pays? Are there any Panasonic look-alike batteries that can be bought for lower cost and still show the indicator when in the GH2?

Thank you,
  4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    At the moment, there don't seem to be many battery choices for the GH2. Wait a bit, I'm sure some of the more well-known and dare I say reputable battery companies will eventually start producing them. I had a Lenmar for my Lumix DMC-FZ35 P&S and it's worked just as well as the OEM battery.
  5. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

CAVEAT EMPTOR Battery Devotees

I bought three new DMW-BLC12PP made by and for Panasonic GH2 camera this day. Yes, I did a whole lot of time consuming searching and calling. I found real pricing ranging from $47.95 to $89.99. Many nice folks who have these in stock have raised their price above the Panasonic MSRP of $59.95.

What blew my mind is one outfit who adberyises two "Panasonic DMW-BLC12" batteries, one at 1200 mah and one at 1400 mah for $10.49 and for $12.49, respectively. In otherwords they actually use the Panasonic and the Lumix name and product number on 2 different products, neither of which are actually made by Panasonic. In fact, these are made by Pexell, which I found out upon direct inquiry.

If it helps, I believe Abel Cine still has these in stock at $54.95 and I wish you goos luck in buying these as this is a legitimate dealer from what I know. Other dealers do have some new Panasonic batteries. It may take you some effort to find these as it did me.

Caveat emptor, what a wonderful world in which we now reside.

Good luck,
  6. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    I bought two of this same battery for my GH2 and they worked ok... for a short while, then I got error messages from the camera and it no longer worked. Buyer beware. B&H took them back no questions asked.

I have after market batteries that work fine with my GF1, but no luck so far with the aftermarket batteries for GH2.
  7. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    I've found my stock battery typically lasts me all day unless I'm just shooting like crazy. I'd say if you get one of these after markets, just leave it in your bag as an emergency backup in case your main runs out. If you can eat up 2 batteries in a day, I'm impressed! :)