1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

GH-1 and the dedicated record button

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by pellicle, May 4, 2011.

1. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 10, 2010
    Kiillarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Hi

is it only me that finds this annoyingly placed? I do notice they've shifted it to the top deck on the GH-2

to GH2 owners, How are people finding the relocation of the dial to the thumb from the location in the G1 / GH1

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I have disconnected mine on my GH1 (done in the menu). I agree it is annoying.

3. ddegomez

ddegomez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    VERY annoying! I disabled it too. Now if I could just remap the red button to turn on the focus assist.

4. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

I kinda like it. The E-PL2 has the button in the same place, but is a lot easier to activate. On my GH1, the button is a bit stiffer making it harder to activate by accident. I've only had the camera for a day, and I really like it and am going to enjoy learning to use it. :thumbup:

5. brunerww

brunerww  

Mar 5, 2011
    I absolutely love it. You can start recording video with your trigger finger without taking your eye away from the EVF, then move your finger to the shutter and take full-resolution still frames while video is rolling. Did I mention that I love it? :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.