1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GGS LCD Screen Protector for E-PL2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by the.growler, May 6, 2011.

1. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

I recently installed a GGS LCD Screen Protector on my E-PL2. As far as I can tell, GGS doesn't actually make a protector specifically for an E-PL2, but I risked all of $8 on the E-P1/E-P2 protector on eBay to see if it would fit.

The protector frames the display portion of the LCD screen perfectly, leaving about 2mm of the screen uncovered on the left side and 5mm uncovered on the right side (the display portion of the screen is not centered in the LCD, but offset to the left, oddly enough) and covers the screen from top to bottom. Installation was simple, the protector seems secure and visibility is unimpaired. No long-term results on durability yet, but I'll keep you posted.

If you are considering a screen protector for your E-PL2, this seems like a no-brainer at the cost.

No relation to GGS, just a curious and, so far, satisfied customer.

2. sungfra

sungfra New to Mu-43

Apr 13, 2011
    Thanks for the infor. I have been considering a GGS protector for a while. Only thing I am not certain is potential condensation issue. It seems critical since the Olympus Pen does not have a viewfinder.

3. Covey22

Covey22 Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2011
    New England, USA
    Alternatively, consider the Giottos brand - I just picked up a 2.7" size (rare!) for my PL-1 and the Schott Glass is thin but perfecly fits the LCD area without impinging into the control buttons or the LCD drop off on the right. While it's newly installed, I've been going in and out of climate controlled areas, and there hasn't been any condensation noted behind the screen.

4. wyip

wyip Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    I bought the generic 3" GGS screen protector for about $5 shipped from amazon.com for my E-PL2, which is just the right size to cover the viewable portion of the LCD.

5. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    I like Zaggshield and luckily, one of the malls near me has a kiosk that can custom cut any dimension. They cut it and installed it. It looks great and it has a lifetime warranty, so I can always get a new one for free =D