1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GFX1??? Yes please!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Linh, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    • Like Like x 2
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    So, the goofy camcorder looking prototype was wrong?

Good news on announcement and specs, if they hold true. I think a few people around here were looking for a rangefinder style body with built-in EVF? :2thumbs:

I probably shouldn't have picked up the 25mm and waited for the kit version. Oh well, that 40mm pancake sounds interesting.

3. Maybe "The Camera"

Hope the GFX-1 is for real. Based on the linked site info it might have most of what I've been looking for in the next gen GF-1. Hopefully the evf is at least G2 quality. New sensor relative to the GF-1/G1/G2 or something really new that is an "improvement" over any existing Pany mu43 sensor?

If it's X-100 priced without a decent "kit lens" probably will put a hold on a purchase. Maybe a kit that includes the new X14-42mm lens?

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    We can only hope, lol!

5. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    One, please! :thumbup:

6. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    this could be the GF1 replacement we've be waiting for!

7. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2011
    Touch focus please! I enjoy it on the G3 and the EP3/gf2/gh2 etc. each have it so why not?... Glad I chose the 45mm oly over the PL25 now that its rumored to be a kit lens on the gfx1.

8. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Wow... the 25mm kit lens option would probably cost AT LEAST $1300.

I hope they make a touchscreen (and if so), use capacitive. I don't care much for the resistive screen on my GF2.

9. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Sounds fair:thumbup:

10. iPete

iPete Mu-43 Regular

Aug 28, 2011
    Gosh, there was me thinking I would own the GF3 for a few years, not months :rolleyes:

11. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Sounds positive....sounds like what panasonic intends to deliver may in fact not turn out to be some half a55ed cop out.

The TRUE successor to the GF1 ?

Let's hope.

12. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Someone please tell me: Why wouldn't this new super m4/3rds camera from Panasonic be GHX-1? "F"?

13. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    GH is more a traditional DSLR form factor. This is supposedly more like the GF1. Ideally adding a built in non-hump EVF, heh.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dayou14

dayou14 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    If PL 25 1.4 is the new 'kit' lens on the rumored GFX1, then I think it's clear the GFX1 would not be had for the price we all would hoped for.

A key reference would be the NEX-7. upwards of $1300+ (w/o the Zeiss lens, I may add)

I believe Panny would offer different kit lens options, and also would have a body-only option.

Bian

15. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Only another couple of months and we may know. Too much for GAS...

16. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I hope this isn't vaporware!

17. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Well lets hope it's not vaporware:eek:
    But in any case I think it will be 'walletbuster':biggrin:

18. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Not for nothing, but all this GFX1 talk is showing what a nice design the L1 really was. Timeless.

Dear Panasonic, please buy a Pentax K-5 and give it to your engineers to coddle and hold and understand what a good camera feels like...

19. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I can hardly keep from buying a K-5 John.....please don't mention it's name. I must take some more TUMS and get me through until we know more about the next Panasonic.

20. Ruhayat

Ruhayat New to Mu-43

Sep 29, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
    If it has physical dials a-la the Leica Digilux 2 / Panasonic LC1, and the size and solidness of the Ricoh GXR, it will be an awesome camera. Then again, the m4/3 Pro camera I'm waiting for is from either Olympus or Fuji, but that's just because for stills I much prefer Oly and Fuji JPEGs compared to Panasonic ones.