GF7 Question

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by sushi, Oct 11, 2015.

1. sushi

sushi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2013
    Brunei
    Syukri
    Hello,

I've been reading online, and it mentions that the Panasonic GF7 has a mechanical shutter up to 1/500s. Is there a way to turn this on/off?

Also, I want to check. I know that on some cameras, some menus are turned off for simplicity. On the GF7, is there such setting? If so, where is this setting?

Thanks in advance!

2. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    Yes, you can easily turn off the mechanical shutter and shoot with the electronic shutter only. You can accomplish this by choosing the electronic shutter or the silent mode.

The GF7 has the typical AE button found on Panasonic cameras that limits your menu choices when engaged. It also has a Rec. reset button (located under the LCD) that will reset the recording settings if you get things more mucked up than you know how to fix.

I will say that this is one great little camera. I purchased the Costco kit with the intention of keeping the lenses and selling the camera. Now that I have it in hand I am quite impressed, I will be keeping the camera for a daily carry camera.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. grcolts

grcolts Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Texas
    Gary
    I have another question regarding the two kit lens being used on an Olympus Pen EPL-7 body. Since the Panasonic lens has OS built-in, when used on an Olympus which has OIS built-in, how does that affect the ibis? Do I need to shut off the Olympus IBIS? There is no way to turn off the lens OS. Or, does it matter?
    Thanks!
    GR

4. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    I'm a Panasonic guy so hopefully one of the Olympus folks will confirm but my understanding is that when using a Panasonic lens on Olympus you can choose between IBIS and OS in body. They are never both on at the same time (except in the new GX8).

5. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    There should be a setting on the EPL7 that allows you to either prioritise the OS or use IBIS.

6. grcolts

grcolts Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Texas
    Gary
    Thanks, I did find that setting in the EPL-7 menu. I was using the 35-100/4.5 lens on the EPL-7 and really like it. From what little I have shot with this zoom I can say it is a very sharp lens. The images taken with it are really nice.
    GR