1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

GF5

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by okinana, Mar 17, 2012.

1. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Has anyone seen this? I guess a lot of panasonic fanatics will be disappointed by the form factor again.

http://www.43rumors.com/

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

2. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    N.Carolina
    I'm not disappointed with the design at all. The GF3 is an ugly camera in pictures, but it looks pretty slick when you hold it in person; especially the white bodies. Despite it's size, it grips much better than the GF2. I found the GF2 unbearably slippery, so I sold it before I could run over it with my car or smash to bits with a hammer.

Surprisingly, the GF3 is probably one of the funnest m43 cameras to use because of its diminutive size. (Dare I say funner than my E-P1 when I first got it.) The only features I would like to see in a new GF5 would be the new sensors and real 1080P footage. I can forget the latter ever happening in any body besides for the GH cameras though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I actually prefer this design over the unimaginative e-pm1. Add a hotshoe on it and it should sway a lot of people.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    What's to be disappointed by? We already know that the GF line is branching off to this new GF-3 form, and that the GX-1 is taking over again from where the original GF-1 left off... so there is no surprise or disappointment here. If the original GF form factor is what you're looking for, then it's the GX2 you're waiting on not the GF5. If you liked the GF-3, this is next in line...

It sounds like the two major improvements in this model are the higher-res LCD and the faster AF. I bet this one is going to steal that not-so coveted claim of "world's fastest AF", lol.

• Like Like x 2
  5. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    interesting. that's good for all of us. for a second body, it's a good option for me.

6. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    And it'll be by .0001 seconds =P

7. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Good to know you guys like the form factor. Happy for all of you!

8. speltrong

speltrong Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Northern California
    Yeah, figured the GF5 would look like this, only I thought it would be even smaller - maybe the size of a postage stamp ;)

I'm really hoping that the E-M5 will push Panny into putting a tilt screen (and a viewfinder!) into the GX2. If something like that gets announced before I secure the funds for the E-M5, I'll definitely wait for it.

9. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I don't get this. It seems like a very minimal change from the GF3. Am curious about the G5, however...

• Like Like x 1
  10. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    I never really looked at a gf3, but once I saw a picture of the white one someone was selling recently, I couldn't believe how good it looked.

To me it is the best looking camera ever.

11. nicholasswan

nicholasswan Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    I'm pretty disappointed honestly, not that I would buy it. I just like to like the cameras I research, in looks and internally.

I'll stick to my gx1 and reading about the x pro 1

12. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    actually i love the fresh lovely look brougt by gf3, so i'm quite satisfied.

just wonder what could exactly be improved on gf5, i really think it's time for a sensor upgrade, and i don't expect panny to waste time playing games adding stereo mics\ hot shoe whatsover since on gf3 panny already removed them.

besides, built-in GPS and higher power flash would be good.

13. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Not so bad. Better than the GF3 for me, but I'll never buy it,

14. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    on the second thought...

I just played around a GF3 yesterday, the jog dial is really too small for me to move around the menu. If the GF5 retains the same interface and handling, I will pass with this one.