GF3 with 20mm VS Canon M with 22mm

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by wzfoto, Nov 2, 2013.

1. wzfoto

wzfoto Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2012
    I have had the gf3 with 20mm for almost a year. I shot with it extensively during a trip a while back. I m happy with the image quality but with the price of canon m coming down, it got me considering a switch over for a number of reasons:

- I am already using canon dslr system for my paid jobs and have lens that can be used
    - More budgeted lens choices such as 40 f2.8 (<150), 18-55 kit (<100)
    - More familiar with processing canon image files

I can sell my current setup, add a little bit of $ and switch over to the canon m. Is there any reason why I shouldn't?

2. Azon

Azon Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    I can't tell much about GF3 output but what you can get from Panasonic 20mm 1.7 you won't have from any other lens, it's a real small jewel.

3. I am often surprised (although perhaps I shouldn't be) by how many times I have read over on the Canon forums at photography-on-the.net that this justification was used to choose the EOS M over other mirrorless systems. I personally don't see the point in buying a camera simply because it is partially compatible with your existing lenses. I see value in buying into a system where everything is optimised to work within that system.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.