1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GF3 with 20mm VS Canon M with 22mm

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by wzfoto, Nov 2, 2013.

1. wzfoto

wzfoto Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2012
    I have had the gf3 with 20mm for almost a year. I shot with it extensively during a trip a while back. I m happy with the image quality but with the price of canon m coming down, it got me considering a switch over for a number of reasons:

- I am already using canon dslr system for my paid jobs and have lens that can be used
    - More budgeted lens choices such as 40 f2.8 (<150), 18-55 kit (<100)
    - More familiar with processing canon image files

I can sell my current setup, add a little bit of $ and switch over to the canon m. Is there any reason why I shouldn't?

2. Azon

Azon Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    I can't tell much about GF3 output but what you can get from Panasonic 20mm 1.7 you won't have from any other lens, it's a real small jewel.

3. I am often surprised (although perhaps I shouldn't be) by how many times I have read over on the Canon forums at photography-on-the.net that this justification was used to choose the EOS M over other mirrorless systems. I personally don't see the point in buying a camera simply because it is partially compatible with your existing lenses. I see value in buying into a system where everything is optimised to work within that system.