GF3 shutter count

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by rdo, May 26, 2013.

1. rdo

rdo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 26, 2012

Here is how to get the GF3 error display page and the shutter count:

1. While keep pressing [ PLAYBACK ], [ Q.MENU/Fn ] and "[ RIGHT ] of Cursor buttons" simultaneously, turn the Power on.

2. Enter the error code display mode:
    Press [ MENU/SET ], “[ LEFT ] of Cursor buttons” and [ PLAYBACK ] simultaneously in that order.

To open the Camera information display press again the MENU, LEFT and PLAYBACK. Keep pressed the PLAYBACK little longer.

It needs some practice to make it work - don't give up.
  2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    Anyone have success with this? I tried a couple dozen times, no luck.
  3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I don't think it works. Perhaps a firmware update changed this? Any updated info would be appreciated!
  4. mdomnita

mdomnita New to Mu-43

Oct 2, 2013
    I succeeded in doing this today. It's a little different than the description but kind of similar.

So, it goes like:

Turn OFF your camera.

While holding PLAYBACK (The green play button above the dial) + Q.MENU/FN + RIGHT (same as W/B selector), turn ON your camera. (some finger twisting, but doable. Attention, use the WB button for "right" rather than clicking the wheel!)

--To verify that you’ve entered the Service Mode you can go to MENU -> SETUP and you’ll now see a new option called ROM BACKUP before the FORMAT menu.--

While holding PLAYBACK, press MENU + LEFT (same as Auto Focus selector, again the button not the wheel).
    The first screen has 16 sets of hex numbers, no idea what they mean.

While holding PLAYBACK, press MENU + LEFT (same as Auto Focus selector) the second time. And you are there.

The screen contains the following:
    VER - Firmware version (in my case, 1.04)
    NO: (serial number)
    PWRCNT: (power on count)
    SHTCNT: (shutter count)
    STBCNT: (i have no idea, maybe flash count??)

Press Q menu again if you want another page with more or less useless stuff (or at least I don't know what these are for).

Turn off the camera whenever you want.

Enjoy your GF3!