1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GF3 kit with 14mm lens - $559

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Shield, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Shield

Shield Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2011
    Worthington Ohio
  2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    That is interesting, I have access to the EPP program, and the GF3/14mm is a whopping $14 off MSRP through that program - it is usually cheaper (for instance my yet to be fulfilled G3/14-42mm was/will be $525, cheaper than the facebook deal if I recall).

That isn't a bad deal with the 14mm kit for a brand new camera - assuming you ever get it from them!

3. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    Panasonic Direct has the GF3 plus 14mm for $525. Only for EPP members. Ordered a white kit.

4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Typical craziness: when I log in to EPP, I don't get $525, I get $559. Oh, brother...I think they try to confuse us.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Chuck, if you signed up for the discount program through facebook those are usually different from the direct EPP program (though often the same - and you're right, it can vary several times often the same day!). I just checked and it shows $525 for me (I have the epp access through my work).

That website is so screwy - if I go to the lenses section via the drop-down menu there are only 2 lenses available, however if you access camera lenses via the accessories dropdown to the far right then they have 3 lenses available.

6. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    px: I'm sure you're right about different paths to "gold" on Panny site. During the initial G3 frenzy, I stumbled into the right portal and got my G3 for one of the lowest prices anyone saw. But that was then and this is now...

Truth be told, I really don't want the GF3 package, especially with the 14mm lens which I already have. Was just taking a practice run in case a GF3 body only package should appear some day....:redface:

7. Pasukun

Pasukun Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2011
    Careful.. Panasonic online store is known for raising their prices, not honoring the bargain price that you purchased with.

They will not charge your card until the item is ready for shipping (which usually takes month or two), but when they do, expect price hike. Like really high.

On top of that, they charge you tax no matter where you are located in US.

8. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    I have spent more than $15k at PD in the last 18 months but I've never encountered your experience and I've see prices go up and down multiple times. Among many things I ordered on Dec 14th a GH2 for $625. Two days later it was $675. The camera shipped 2 weeks after I ordered at 625 and I was charged 625. I paid 670 with tax and shipping included, when most people were paying over $1k on eBay or amazon. To get a good price one has to be patient. Trust me! PD is no worse than any other company. I've had more problems with Bank of America in one month, screwing my accounts, than with
    PD in the last 5 years.