GF3 display issue, what is it?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by battleaxe, Jan 29, 2014.

1. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

So, far it's not that big of an issue for me, but I am a bit worried that it could as time progresses, but I am not sure. I have recently noticed it, and it is kind of scattered around the display. I wasn't sure what to search for here or on google, but most of my searches brought nothing relevant. Sorry for the low quality I only had my phone with me. Thank you.

Edit: Kind of sure it's not, but is it moisture?

Attached Files:

2. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Does it have a screen protector on it? It looks from the pic like air bubbles under a piece of film
  3. battleaxe

I wish it was a screen protector, but I never put one on it.
  4. angusr

angusr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2011
    I have a GF3 and this has happened 3 times. It is the outer coating delaminating. Fortunately I bought it at a time when there was a 5 year warranty promotion so each time I send it in for repair and they replace the screen. Then about 6 to 9 months later it does it again. It works its way inwards towards the centre. Not so obvious when the screen is actually on but really annoying. I believe the GX1 also has this problem which is the only reason that I didn't buy one and instead ended up buying an E-P5.

I realise this isn't much help. Perhaps Panasonic would repair it as a good will gesture if you are out of warranty?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app
  5. battleaxe

I am out of warranty, but I doubt they will? And yeah it's not noticeable when on, which is positive, but still a bit annoying. If this as common as you are suggesting, I am surprised I haven't seen more GF3, GX1, and other Panasonic users mention it.
  6. battleaxe

Anyone else care to comment about this issue? Thanks.
  7. andyph

andyph New to Mu-43

Sep 21, 2012
    Mine is also like this. I have nothing further to add...
  8. battleaxe

I guess it's good to know there are at least few with such issues.