GF3 Concept

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Having some fun. A mix of GF1, GH2 and L1. Basically, I removed the double-hinged pop-up flash, opting instead for a simple U-shaped SLR-style flash around the hot shoe, and filled the void (plus the raised section) with an EVF. The body is actually a little thicker, though the front face is moved closer to the flange, instead of the whole mount moving forward with it. The grip is a little bigger and rubber-inlaid, but much smaller than on a G1/H1/G2/GH2. Flip screen may be a little much, but hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

DMC-GF3-Front.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DMC-GF3-Back1.jpg

DMC-GF3-Top.jpg

maxpiz

Mu-43 Regular
This would be my ideal camera! Maybe even waterproof!

Real Name
Nic
I think it would be more likely for Olympus to produce a rangefinder styled camera with a built-in viewfinder similiar to this concept. Unless they choose to discontinue the 4/3 concept (unlikely in the near future) there is no reason for Olympus to create a mini-DSLR like the Panasonic G1/GH1/etc. This one looks pretty cool, though.

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
I like the idea a lot. I think I would buy this. if it had a hybrid viewfinder, then definitely so, if that could work for all m4/3 lenses..

semma

Mu-43 Regular
just the X100 will do it for me

This one is closer to ideal, and a lot more attractive :biggrin:
Hybride viewfinder, larger sensor, fast Fujinon-lens, build-in ND-filters, killer-look.

fujifilm-finepix-100-xl.jpg

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A mix of GF1, GH2 and L1. ...
DMC-GF3-Front.jpg
Very well done. Quality mock-up there.
If I had another magic hammer this'd be basically what I'd smack my G1 into...
I'm guessing there's only enough room in there for a lesser EVF though.
Look how large the EVF section is in the cameras with a good one : G1, VF2, SonyA55.

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
Agree with others, it's a beautiful mock-up. And if the Fuji is half as good as it looks, I'm selling all my Panasonic gear.

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Agree with others, it's a beautiful mock-up. And if the Fuji is half as good as it looks, I'm selling all my Panasonic gear.

It looks like the x100 may go for $1500US when it comes out. A little too much for a non interchangeable lens camera with a prime lens. IMO

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This one is closer to ideal, and a lot more attractive :biggrin:
Hybride viewfinder, larger sensor, fast Fujinon-lens, build-in ND-filters, killer-look.[/IMG]
Oh, I'm a big fan of the X100. Fixed lens is obviously a different breed, but otherwise it's a beauty.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
I think it would be more likely for Olympus to produce a rangefinder styled camera with a built-in viewfinder similiar to this concept. Unless they choose to discontinue the 4/3 concept (unlikely in the near future) there is no reason for Olympus to create a mini-DSLR like the Panasonic G1/GH1/etc. This one looks pretty cool, though.

Olympus has already said they are phasing out 4/3. The e-5 may be the last body, not sure. No more lens development is happening for sure.

i would certainly like to see a pro-like RF style like the X100. It won't be as small as my GF1, but will be more streamlined for me vs the GH2. I will sacrifice the articulating lcd in order to have it as thin as possible.

semma

Mu-43 Regular
1500 dollars???

It looks like the x100 may go for $1500US when it comes out. A little too much for a non interchangeable lens camera with a prime lens. IMO
It looks? Can you send us a link to that?
I always was reading 1000$ / 1000 euro, and that is cheap for what you would get. None other brand offers only a body with that big sensor, hybride viewfinder under 2000$, and then we do not even talk about the fast Fujinon lens (we all know that Fujinon makes lenses for Hasselblad).
So in my opinion, 1500$ would even be cheap, and I think it will be on the market at 1000$, that is what I read on different websites :wink:

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It looks? Can you send us a link to that?
I always was reading 1000$ / 1000 euro, and that is cheap for what you would get. None other brand offers only a body with that big sensor, hybride viewfinder under 2000$, and then we do not even talk about the fast Fujinon lens (we all know that Fujinon makes lenses for Hasselblad).
So in my opinion, 1500$ would even be cheap, and I think it will be on the market at 1000$, that is what I read on different websites :wink:

Fujifilm FinePix X100 - Only £999.00 - Park Cameras Online

If you convert the UK price to USD it's about $1575. Of course it could end up being $1000 in the US also.

I still stay that the absence of an interchangeable lens is this camera's fatal flaw. Though will it make great images? Of course it will.

They are aiming for such a small market that I wonder what Fuji is really up to. My thought is that this may be the first in a line of X100 type similar cameras.

That or this camera will end up like the Konica Instant Press. Which was a really nice camera that was targeted to a small market and ended being discontinued rather quickly.

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
How are they setting a price on a camera that doesn't have a release date set yet and nobody has seen an actual operational copy of yet?

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
If you convert the UK price to USD it's about $1575. Of course it could end up being $1000 in the US also.

Normally that's the case, so I'd expect it to be $1000USD as well.

I still stay that the absence of an interchangeable lens is this camera's fatal flaw.

Then it's quite possible you're not the intended audience for this camera. IMO the single, fixed lens is it's strength. Far from a fatal flaw.

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
How are they setting a price on a camera that doesn't have a release date set yet and nobody has seen an actual operational copy of yet?

Because THEY can do whatever they want. Pricing is set by marketing, not by engineering. Marketing has studied what price point the market can bear for this product, and that's the pricing they published shortly after they announced the product.

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
OH! I'm actually drooling for this imaginary camera… It would have everything I want…

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Then it's quite possible you're not the intended audience for this camera. IMO the single, fixed lens is it's strength. Far from a fatal flaw.

Absolutely. If I'm going to invest $1000. on a camera I would prefer that it have the ability to change lenses. IMO, if they offered it with interchangeable primes the camera would be close to perfect.

Latest threads

Top Bottom