1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GF3 and the Citadel - at play!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by DHart, Sep 12, 2011.

1. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    It was a beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest. I just washed the car and decided to go out on the property and create some snaps with the GF3 and 14-45 lens.

P1000288.

P1000295.

P1000291.

P1000290.

I needed to use the 7-14 lens to capture this one. Getting a bit into HAM radio these days.
    P1000259.

The GF3 doesn't get discussed much around here, but I love mine and use it nearly as much as my G3 and GH2. I use the GF3 mostly for casual snaps like these, but the little bugger is quite up to the task of creating great images! I love it.

My ever present buddy supervising the photography
    P1000303.

P1000267-Edit.

• Like Like x 4
  2. I'm not sure if many people even have the GF3 yet. I think you woud be one of the earliest adopters, Don. I saw one in the flesh in a camera shop the other day; they look really cool, especially with a pancake.

3. Pap

Pap Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Fleetwood, PA
    I’m developing a liking for this model. Small, excellent IQ from the few images I have seen, quick focus, and the touch screen seems fairly logical. This may be what I was looking for in a walkabout camera.
    Thanks for the images. Wish there were more.
    Pap

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    clearly an early adopter. A car I've never seen shot by a camera I haven't yet seen in person. Great snaps.

5. Andrew Riddell

Andrew Riddell Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2010
    London
    Don,

Nice shots, although cars aren't really my thing.

BTW, why do you have the outside part of a Doric temple on the property?

Andrew

6. alemmo

alemmo New to Mu-43

Aug 20, 2011
    I wasn't aware they turned the Durango into a minivan....err "crossover"

7. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Yes, I guess I am an early adopter at times. Other times not so much. If I was to only have one m4/3 body, it would be the G3 or the GH2, not the GF3. But the GF3 is an alternate "casual use" body for me, and one which I tend to use when I want a small, light weight and simple camera with the wonderful image quality of m4/3. I love it! I'm tending to use it in situations where previously I might have chosen my LX5. It's a luxury to have an extra m4/3 body around, not a necessity.

As for the Greek Temple... I live and work on a 5-acre property that I've developed into my portrait studio property and that structure (one of four outbuildings on the grounds) was intended to double as a sunken hot tub shelter as well as a setting to use for my professional portrait work. It makes a nice retreat as well for morning coffee while surfing the web and checking e-mail. I'm not much of a party host, but it would make a spectacular spot for an outdoor dinner party! :wink:

The new Durango is a completely redesigned model, built on the upcoming Mercedes ML platform. The vehicle retains the beefy V8 Hemi engine which is smooth as silk, powerful, and a joy to drive. The Citadel is the high end version of the new Durango with about every creature comfort and feature imaginable. I downsized from a Denali.

8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    ... and the Gold Star on the plate signifies ... ?

9. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Our son, a US Army Sargent, was killed by an IED in Afghanistan. The military "Gold Star" signifies a family with a fallen hero.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I am sorry Don, I really didn't know that. My sincere condolences to you and your family. Your son is a true hero.

Gary

11. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Gary, no problem, man. And thanks for your kind words.

12. kundalini

kundalini Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    Here, here. My heart felt condolences as well, had no idea. May your family be reconciled with the fact that your son's effort and ultimate sacrifice were not in vain. Freedom lives.

13. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Thanks, kundalini. After the events of 9/11, Elijah made the decision to join the army and try to fight back against terrorism and prevent another horrific event from taking place here in the USA. I some small part, I think he was successful, but at the cost of his life.